I want to route my desktop music client through a proxy to keep my personal IP private, but when I enter my server details in the built-in Spotify settings, the app gets stuck on a continuous offline loop. What settings actually work?
The native Spotify desktop client handles network configurations strictly, often dropping connections when configured with unstable datacenter proxies or basic HTTP protocols. Using SOCKS5 residential proxies ensures raw TCP-level data transmission, which maintains a stable audio stream without triggering connection drops or offline bugs.
The built-in proxy menu in the Spotify client is super sensitive—if you throw in a basic HTTP datacenter IP, the app just gives up and stays offline. I got mine working flawlessly by switching the protocol dropdown in settings to SOCKS5 and filling in my credentials from simplynode.io/targets/proxies-for-spotify (https://www.simplynode.io/targets/proxies-for-spotify). Residential SOCKS5 proxies handle the continuous audio stream properly, so the desktop player connects instantly on startup without any offline glitching.